Monday, August 2, 2010

Golfing in the Cool

Yes it is that time when I need to work on my game to see if I can improve. I join the ladies tomorrow at 11:00 or thereabouts. This mountain course is so beautiful with surrounding pines, ponds and stunning homes. One of the most beautiful courses I have ever played. You could say it is not difficult until you end up putting. I swear I haven't had one good putt yet ! One has to remember the ultimate goal is improvement. That thought is one of the motivations. And then you can meet the most interesting people who also can think of nothing more fun to do than to hit and chase the little white ball.


And what else do we do......let's see, play bridge. Usually low hands and low scores but today the small slam made and bid was memorable. Ed was not my partner, of course. Something about our Karma means our hands never never fit. I get high he gets low or vice a versus. Then the other thing we do is to not communicate. Generally it may be a good idea if couples do not play as a team. No matter what, you still have to go home together and reprocessing bids and miscommunication doesn't add up to a good evening.

Visited a restaurant tonight with family that has been in this area since 1976. No disappointment there. I can never remember, even in years past of ever having a bad meal. This evening was no exception. Wonderful food, good waiter, good company=an outstanding time for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment