Monday, June 7, 2010

Hot Spot

Cool nites & mornings save us all. Walking follows a fragrant trail among the spectacular desert orchid trees, the cactus blooms. In the shadow of red mountain the developers are digging, new people are coming and new roads transverse the desert sage. Mixtures in emotion not to be selfish but water is scarce and eternal beauties cannot be replaced. 

Fritz, the timid shnauzer, has to be coaxed through his new dog doors. I think he always followed other dogs when they were using theirs. Who thought he would want someone to push the way. Food is an entizer. I also am trying to get him in his wading pool. Treats floating in a dish get his interest but he is definitely not a water dog. His most fun game is catching house spiders and watching the lizards until they move. He likes his walks along the desert trails with us but I know he misses his doggie cousins and the romping that took place every day. Consequently his watch duty has increased and he is taking good care of us. Oh the fierce barking he can do. I hope he calms down before I get out my water pistol. He is such a loving guy I hate to splash him. It is good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment